How to Apply
In most cases, the Graduate College and the academic departments require different documentation as part of your application. The Graduate College always requires a completed online application, transcripts from all previous institutions, and your application fee (sometimes also proof of English proficiency), but academic programs typically require additional information as part of your application. Please check admissions requirements for your graduate program of interest. Many (but not all) require that you upload various documents into your online application before submitting it. Some require additional materials be sent to them directly. For exact guidelines, please visit your program of interest's website or contact the department.
- Review Admission Requirements
Review requirements for advanced degree and certificate program applicants. Be sure to check your department of interest as well because departmental requirements vary.
- Apply to the Graduate College
To apply to the Graduate College, submit the following admission materials for consideration:
- A nonrefundable admission application fee, payable check, money order, or online by credit card of $60 to the Board of Regents, UNLV.
*Note: Applications and materials will not be processed until the application fee is received. Applicants to any UNLV graduate program must pay the admission application evaluation fee for each application filed. Denied applicants, who later seek admission to the same or other UNLV degree program, are required to pay an additional application fee.
- To be able to evaluate your application, we need either informal transcripts uploaded into the online application document, or informal or official transcripts (one or the other) mailed to the Graduate college. One official transcript from all post-secondary institutions attended, showing all degrees and coursework, the dates awarded, and extension and correspondence work will be needed immediately upon admission, if you do not submit official transcripts at the time of application.
*Note: Only transcripts sent directly from the institution are considered official. Failure to disclose all course work and/or degrees awarded will result in rescission of admission.
If you have attended any institutions outside of the U.S.:
After May 1, 2010, all new graduate applicants (international and domestic – except those applying to the College of Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Economics, who are exempt from this requirement) are required to provide a course-by-course evaluation of your foreign credentials from one of the following NACES approved agencies:
- If needed, send any additional Graduate College admission materials (for example: your admission receipt with your check payment; your transcripts if you did not upload them into your ApplyYourself online application; or your official transcripts upon admission; etc.) to:
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 S. Maryland Parkway,
Las Vegas, NV 89154-1017
Mailing addresses for departments are available on department websites.
- Submit any additional required admission materials to your department of interest, if you did not upload them into your online application. Please check with your graduate program of interest in order to determine their specific admission requirements prior to submitting your online application.
Turn to the Graduate Catalog to learn more.
2 of 4