The Graduate College offers an array of resources to assist graduate faculty and staff as you guide your studentsí graduate education, work with Graduate Assistants, and support their graduate research, scholarship, and creative activity. The information below will help you become more familiar with Graduate College policies, procedures, and resources. If you have questions about any issue related to graduate students or graduate education, please feel free to contact the Graduate Dean, Associate Dean, or members of our GC staff; we are happy to assist.
- Admissions & Enrollment Information for Departments
Read about GC admissions and enrollment policies and procedures to help you advise your prospective and current students accordingly.
- Electronic Initiatives Information for the latest Graduate College electronic initiatives. Find out how to establish Apply Yourself admissions and GA accounts and how to apply for access to our online graduate student files. Helpful tutorials will assist you as you navigate our various electronic and online information systems
- Graduate Assistantships Learn how to appoint graduate assistants and review GA policies and procedures.
- Graduate Coordinators
Review the roles and responsibilities associated with this essential position.
- Graduate Council & Committees All Graduate Coordinators are members of the Graduate Council and serve on at least one Graduate Committee. This page allows you to explore information about the Graduate Council and links to all Graduate Committees, including: Curriculum; Program Review; Student Appeals and Legal Issues; Awards; Professional Development; New Programs & Program Revisions; Ad-Hoc R2PC; Ad-Hoc Diversity & Inclusivity; and the Graduate Executive Committee.
- Graduate Faculty Status Apply for graduate faculty status or renew your status in order to serve on student committees and teach graduate-level coursework, and review the rights and responsibilities associated with being a member of the UNLV graduate faculty.
- Graduate Study Timeline for Students
Review and use this important resource to easily mentor your graduate students through their program milestones and Graduate College requirements from admission through graduation.
Rely on this collection of publications to understand the policies, procedures, and expectations of the Graduate College, including the current and archived versions of the Graduate Catalog and the Graduate College Bylaws.
- Outstanding Graduate College Faculty Award
This prestigious annual award recognizes one outstanding graduate faculty member who has demonstrated excellence in graduate education, with a documented record of dedication to, and successful mentorship of, graduate students.
- Scholarships & Fellowships Learn about funding opportunities for your graduate students.
- UNLV Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award To be eligible, candidates must have taught at least 2 complete classes in the last 3 years. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. All masters and doctoral students are eligible for consideration, subject to the guidelines provided with the application.
- UNLV Graduate College Outstanding Thesis & Dissertation Awards Eligible projects for this year's Outstanding Thesis and Outstanding Dissertation awards are those successfully defended between August 1st, 2013, and August 1st, 2014.
- Faculty Doctoral Graduate Research Assistantship Program, 2014-2017
- FAQs Find answers to your most frequently asked questions. Submit additional questions and suggested FAQs to firstname.lastname@example.org.