A variety of committees, under the umbrella of the Graduate Council, work in concert with the Graduate College dean to establish policies and procedures for the Graduate College. The Graduate Council includes one delegate from each academic department that sponsors an advanced degree program, plus representatives from the Graduate Student and Professional Association.
The following committees play a critical role in forming procedures and policies that affect the Graduate College, its faculty members, and its students.
Graduate Council 2012-2013 (PDF)
2013-2014 Graduate Council Meeting Dates and Times
- October 9, 2013, 1-3 p.m., Student Union Theater
- November 20, 2013, 2-4 p.m., SU 208A
- February 19, 2014, 2-4 p.m., SU 208A
- April 23, 2014, 2-4 p.m., SU 208A
- Executive Committee Consists of chairs of all Graduate College Committees, Graduate Council Chair, and the GPSA president. The Executive advises the Graduate College dean and aids in strategic planning for the Graduate College.
- Curriculum Committee Reviews and approves new graduate courses and graduate curriculum revisions.
- New Program & Program Revisions Committee Reviews and recommends approval of new graduate degree programs and changes to existing programs.
- Graduate Student Funding Committee Develops guidelines for awarding graduate student funding for fellowships and scholarships, selects fellowship and scholarship recipients, and selects outstanding graduate faculty and outstanding thesis & dissertation award winners.
- Program Review Committee Works in conjunction with the Faculty Senate to review existing graduate programs.
- Faculty and Student Issues Committee Reviews and develops policies related to faculty and student welfare, and serves as reviewing and recommending body on select faculty and student academic appeals.
- Professional Development Committee Cultivates opportunities for professional development activities and skills for graduate and professional students, oversees te Graduate Research Certificate Program, and slects the annual Graduate Student Teaching Award.
For more information about the role of the Graduate Council and the work of the graduate faculty committees, please contact Dr. Kate Korgan, senior associate dean of the graduate college, at 895–3320, or firstname.lastname@example.org.